Wednesday , April 24 2019
Home / Latest News / He Sold Our Child For 150k & Denied It Until Police Arrested Him – Housewife Reveals

He Sold Our Child For 150k & Denied It Until Police Arrested Him – Housewife Reveals

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing and outdoor

A woman has opened up on how her husband sold off their baby for a
meager 150k and even denied it till he was nabbed by the law.

Twenty-four-year-old Esther Moses, tells MUDIAGA AFFE how the
father of her children, Abraham Udoh, sold their two-year-old son for
Recently, you alerted the police that your husband sold your two-year-old son, Elisha. How did you get to know?

It all happened on Monday, July 24.  I was lying down on the bed in
our apartment when the father of my children came into the house and
woke me up. He immediately requested that I go to my mother’s place at
Eta-Agbor Road in Calabar but I told him that I did not have transport
fare and that I was also hungry. He went out and came back with N50
which he probably borrowed from someone. He told me to use it as
transport fare to my mother’s place. I preferred to use the money to buy
garri because I was very hungry. He said he wanted me go to my mother’s
place because he was travelling to Akwa Ibom State. I asked if he was
coming back that day and he said yes. At that point, our two-year-old
boy, Elisha, was within the compound. I had asked Elisha not to go
outside because, just like me, he was hungry. After our discussion, I
went to take my bath.

When did you notice that your son was no longer in the compound?
I initially did not know his father had taken the boy outside the
compound. It was another little child in the compound that told me that
Elijah’s father asked him to go outside the compound to play. The boy
said that Elisha ran outside and had not returned. Then, I became
curious and started shouting Elisha’s name around and outside the
compound. My husband’s brother, living in the compound, asked what the
problem was and I said I had not seen Elisha. Other tenants too asked
the same question and I responded the same way.
Did you ask him before he left the house where he was going to in Akwa Ibom State?
He did not tell me exactly where he was going to in Akwa Ibom
State. He only told me he was going to look for work there. But when I
searched around and could not find Elisha, I immediately called him,
asking if Elisha was with him. He said no. In fact, he said Elisha was
playing outside the compound when he left the house. I told him that his
brother had been outside and that we didn’t see Elisha. We immediately
began the search for Elisha in neighbouring streets but we didn’t see
him. The brother and I went as far as St. Bernard’s School in
Calabar-South where he (husband) always sat with friends to drink, but
the people around said they did not see him. I screamed on the phone
while talking with Elijah’s father about the boy’s whereabouts. For the
second time, he denied. Even his brother also called him. The brother’s
wife called him but he continued denying. I shouted, cried and ran all
the way to my mother’s place to report the matter to her. My mother
pleaded with me not to cry. She said that maybe he didn’t want me to
bring the child to her place. My mother assured me that he would bring
the child back, although I did not believe.
Why didn’t you believe her?
My inner mind kept revealing to me that the man went to sell the
child.  My mother warned me not to say that again.  That Monday night,
at about 7pm, I called him again after borrowing N100 from somebody to
recharge my phone. I told him I still had not seen my child. He shouted
on me on the phone, saying I was speaking nonsense. He kept denying my
Did he return from Akwa Ibom State that day?
No, he did not.  On Tuesday, around 6am, I woke up, took my bath
and called him again. He said he was on his way back to Calabar.  I
called him again and he told me that he was on his way and that he
didn’t understand what I was talking about.  I kept crying until one of
our neighbours, Ekaete, advised that I get something like an empty
container that I could hit with stick to announce that my child was
missing. She said I should announce that if anybody saw the child, he or
she should take him to the police station.  But I told her that I don’t
have any money to give to the police. However, after she persisted, I
took my second son, who is two months old, with me and strapped him on
my back. I went to Uwanse Police Station to report that my child was
missing. At the end of the day, I exchanged numbers with the policewoman
who asked me to go but advised that I alert them when I see him.  They
assured me that if I didn’t have money to come; they would come and
arrest the father of my children. That Tuesday, I called him. I lied to
him that my small child and I (the younger one who is less than two
months), were hungry and there was nothing for us to eat.  He told me he
was coming and switched off his phone.  Later that Tuesday at about
5pm, he switched on the phone again. I asked why he switched off his
phone.  I asked why he didn’t want to tell me the whereabouts of my
child and he said I was talking nonsense that he didn’t carry my child.
 I ended the call and started crying.  People came around and asked me
to keep quiet. I told them that the small child could not have crossed
the gutter close to the house to go anywhere to play.
How did you eventually know that he took the child away?
It was when he came back from Akwa Ibom that the police trailed and
arrested him. I was devastated when I got to know that he sold Elisha. I
still hope to see my son.
What was he doing before the incident?
He was a mason. I was working with somebody as a house help and making pop corn for another person.
What can you say about his character?
He drank a lot and when he returned home, he quarrelled with me.
Sometimes, he beat me up.  He once beat me with a machete. Sometime last
year, when my mother visited us, he pursued her with machete and my
mother ran away. She left the house and since that time, she never came
back to visit us again.
How did you meet him?
I met him at Akpabuyo LGA of Cross River State in 2014 but I cannot
remember the month now. I went to Akpabuyo to see my aunty and on my
way back, we met inside the taxi that I boarded.  He said he wanted to
marry me. After a week, he called my number and said I should come and
visit him where he stayed.
When I got there, he took me to his former compound where he was
living before he packed to No. 8, Amika Utuk Lane in Calabar-South. It
was there that I became pregnant for him. I stayed with him until I was
delivered of the boy (Elisha) on July 4, 2015.
Are you legally married to him?
He never paid my bride price and my mother had always quarrelled
with me on that. She asked me to leave the man’s house because she
doesn’t like him. But I told my mother that I loved him.
Was he married before you moved in with him?
I did not know that he was married.  It was after I delivered
Elisha that his wife came to the house because she was staying in Uyo.
 When she came, she started quarrelling with him and asked if he was not
ashamed of getting married to a small girl (me) who could be his child.
 She asked him who would take care of her four children that he left
for her. The woman threatened that there would be trouble if he did not
send money to her to take care of the children in Akwa Ibom State. Since
that time, the man has been sending money to her. The second child from
the woman later came to live with us.  But after this incident, the
mother came and took the child away, obviously out of fear that her
child could be sold like mine.

Leave Comments Here

About btlsblog

Check Also

Dangote Is Selling Dangote Flour Mills For N130 Billion

Aliko Dangote is reportedly selling his loss-making business unit, Dangote Flour Mills to Olam International …

%d bloggers like this: